The Wrong Mans 'will be back' | Stars confirm the news

The Wrong Mans 'will be back'

Stars confirm the news

James Corden and Mathew Baynton have both said that The Wrong Mans will be back.

The comedy-thriller, which ended its six-part series last night has proved a critical and ratings success for BBC Two.

Its first episode attracted 3.1million views on its first screening – making it the most successful opening episode of a BBC Two comedy since Extras in 2005 – rising to almost 4.5million when consolidated with on-demand views.

The BBC has not yet announced a recommission, but co-stars and co-creators have both taken to Twitter this morning to say they would be back.

Corden said: 'Waking up to so many incredible messages about The Wrong Mans. So very sweet. They'll be back. Thanks for watching, it means the world x'

And Baynton added: 'Sam and Phil will be back #TheWrongMans'

The show is a co-production with US on-demand service Hulu, which will release all the episodes at once on November 11.

It was previously reported by trade magazine Broadcast that the BBC was in talks about 'the timing and logistics of filming a second run'.

Published: 30 Oct 2013

What do you think?

Live comedy picks

We see you are using AdBlocker software. Chortle relies on advertisers to fund this website so it’s free for you, so we would ask that you disable it for this site. Our ads are non-intrusive and relevant. Help keep Chortle viable.