- ‘With all due respect, it’s quite superficial.’ Eddie Pepitone on Jerry Seinfeld’s stand-up.
- She has earned millions from her comedy club empire, and now, 30 years after opening her first Jongleurs, founder Maria Kempinska has decided to have a go at the other side of the microphone. Stand-up Sean Meo is helping her with material for her performance debut at a benefit for injured ex-servicemen’s charity Soldiering On on May 9. And it won’t be her only gig, as she has another lined up in September ‘What am I doing??’ she’s tweeted. ‘Who wants to hear me? Are they mad?’
- Harry Hill has redesigned Gromit. He painted one of about 70 individually-decorated 5ft sculptures of the animated dog that will be placed around Bristol this summer as part of a fundraising drive. He said: ‘I decided my Gromit should raise awareness of male baldness. I’m not quite bald but I’m balding, so I’ve shaved Gromit back to his pink skin and put a bit of stubble on him.’ Animator Nick Park added: ‘I’m incredibly precious about Gromit so it’s been quite nerve-racking for me waiting to see what designs come back, but I think Harry’s is quite stunning and funny.’ The dogs will take to the streets from July 1.
- Jim Davidson addressed his latest arrest over historic allegations of sexual offences during his live show in Telford, Shropshire last night, telling the audience: ‘I can’t remember what I was doing in 1978. I can’t even remember which wife I had in 1978.’ He later blogged: ‘People think I should be hiding, well I’m not. I have nothing to hide and life goes on, as it should.’
- Stewart Lee is encouraging his fans to visit a web page called Is Stewart Lee dead? – and vote to say that he is. ‘Help me die’ he asked subscribers to his email. Do so at this odd website that nakes mortality democratic.
- Love the title sequence of Naked Gun and always wanted to create your own version? No, of course you haven't, but if you did, this iPhone attachment would enable you to do it. Sadly only concept at the moment from Dave's Geeky Ideas, but surely it's only a matter of time
- Bill Bailey is asking men around the world to grow a beard throughout April to ‘show solidarity’ with endangereed Sumatran orangutans. The Sumatran Orangutan Society, of which he is patron, hopes that ‘Ape-ril’ will become as globally successful as Movember.
- But beware what you look like hirsute. Nick Frost with a beard looks like a fat Frankie Boyle:
Not all hecklers are evil, as Sean Donnelly found out at Bar Matchless in Brooklyn:
- Tweets of the week
James Martin(@ Pundamentalism ): Come on kids, we're going to play on the slides!" - The inventor of PowerPoint, shortly before his children stopped loving him
Jarlath Regan (@Jarlath ): Never has a phrase given more relief than "I'm going to let you off with a warning". So why does my wife get so mad every time I say it?
Dave Cohen(@cohendave): RT @George_Osborne Hello Twitter. I've been told every tweet must stay within the absolute limit of 140 characters. That shouldn't be too mu