Australian absurdist Sam Simmons has won the main Foster’s Edinburgh Comedy Award for the best show on the Fringe. Collecting his prize, worth £10,000, he thanked all the people who 'had fingers in my pie' and paid tribute to four-times nominee James Acaster: 'Where's James? I'm going to be the villain here. Sorry man. …
The frontrunners have been announced for the comedians' choice awards at the Edinburgh Fringe. …
• Comedian Bobby Mair has pranked Katie Hopkins – taking the money he got from appearing on her TLC show Katie Hopkins Vs. …
John Sessions, Shane Richie and Sally Phillips are to star in a new drama about the making of Dad’s Army. …
Saturday August 29
Richard Gadd, Noise Next Door, Tom Toal, Scott Bennett, Sean McLoughlin, John Robertson, Tom Houghton, Javier Jarquin, Stephen Bailey, Mat Ewins, George Rigden, MC Phil Elis Pleasance Dome 18:40 Click for tickets
Ahir Shah: Distant
Amir Khoshsokhan: Milk and Hedgehogs
Garrett Millerick: A Selection of Things I've Said to Taxi Drivers
Alex Smith: The Art Of Grooming
Bobby Mair: Filthy Immigrant
Lazy Susan: Double Act
Lou Conran: Small Medium At Large
Ian Smith: Whereabouts
Beasts: Live DVD
Huntington & Hutt: Insignificant Other
Lydia King: A Date With Destiny
So You Think You're Funny? final
Elf Lyons: Being Barbarella
Chris Turner: XXV
Laura Lexx: Lovely
Mike Wozniak: One Man Dad Cat Band
Alex Williamson: That Guy From The Internet
David Elms: Mister Boy
Larry Dean: Out Now
I come on to High Heels by Yo-Yo Honey Singh featuring Jaz Dhami. A loud, bouncy, over-the-top flamboyant Bollywood song for my intro? I wonder what that tells you about me... Aatif Nawaz: Muslims Do It Five Times A Day; Just the Tonic at the Caves (Salvation Rooms); 22:15
List Of Fun
1. The thumb-pinky finger 'call-me' gesture.
2. The two-finger-to-the-eyes 'I'm watching you' gesture.
3. Hand to ear gesture demanding audible applause that isn't organically forthcoming. Often accompanies burlesque, juggling and opera.
4. Taking off clothes for effect (guilty).
5. Rap songs on a ukulele.
6. White guys beatboxing.
7. Water pouring over a suspended male acrobat.
8. 1980s mullets.
9. Women with breasts.
10. Guys with dicks.
Adrienne Truscott has finished her Fringe run.