Stewart Lee: If You Prefer A Milder Comedian Please Ask For One
Show type: Edinburgh Fringe 2009
In this show, an account of something that happened to me in a coffee shop will be used as a convenient framing device for disparate material possibly concerning English Heritage, Top Gear, The Olympics, emigration, prawns, Bella Pasta, The National Trust, farmers, DH Lawrence, piglets, cathedrals, bees, Iggy Pop, cider adverts, riots etc etc.’
As usual, expect …
- Some punchy stuff near the top
- Inexplicable hostility towards relatively innocuous figures
- Sudden and/or gradual shifts in tone, Velocity and volume
- Long routines experimenting with form rather than content
- he possibility of failure
- A quasi-serious bit at the end.
- And - new for 2009 - a song!