- 'When reviewers say that I just talk very amusing nonsense, I see that as the biggest compliment because you can’t make an audience laugh for two hours unless it’s funny. If it looks easy, then job done.’ Ross Noble
- Great local newspaper headline from the Bucks Free Press this week, announcing Jason Byrne’s tour date: Irish Comedian Has Been To High Wycombe Before But Only To A Warehouse.
- Simon Bird ‘gets undressed like a two-year-old’ – according to his Friday Night Dinner co-star Tom Rosenthal, who told Esquire magazine: Unlike normal human adults, Bird ends his working day by pulling his top and trousers off on in one unimaginable sartorial swoop.’
- Stand-up Bob Slayer is the great-nephew of George Formby.
- David Mitchell turned down Celebrity Mastermind because he feared it would shatter people’s illusions of him being ‘better read than I am.’ He said: ‘I thought people might have thought I’d do well. I didn’t want to disprove them.’ Had he accepted his challenge, his specialist subject would have been The Simpsons.
- Jack Whitehall says ‘it’s a bit upsetting’ that he hasn’t been asked to appear in Made In Chelsea yet.
- How would you like to drive around in a car with the registration number CH08TLE? It’s currently owned by a customer services expert called Mike Walker who thought a top comic might be interested in buying it… although he declined to be drawn on how much he might want for it. The obvious buyer might have been the editor of this very website. But he doesn’t have a car.
- ’You never know who you’re flipping off…’
- Stand-up Brendan Riley interrupted rail passengers on the 10.28 from Formby to Southport yesterday with an impromptu comedy gig. He got on the train with a mobile PA and colleagues John Harding, Gary Morris and Steve Royle for a show to promote the forthcoming Southport Comedy Festival.
- Tweets Of The Week
Nick Doody (@NickDoody): Worst thing about Savile: looking back at all those marathons and thinking, "He's the last person you'd want to have stamina.
Simon Evans (@TheSimonEvans): It's very misty but I think that road sign just called me a fag. Better put my foot down.
Jaques As In Hattie (@jacques_aih ): David Cameron's pancake batter? Rich, thick, and doesn't stick to anything.