The week's comedy trivia
- Alan Carr says he never throws up when he’s drunk – but does wet the bed. ‘The last time was last weekend,’ he admits. ‘I drink and drink and drink and then think, “Oh I’m going to get a hangover,” so I buy a litre bottle of water from Spar and then drink it. I’m so knackered I don’t go to the toilet and wake up in my own piss.’
- Clive Anderson once contracted scarlet fever after taking a post-football shower with a cut toe.
- When Alistair McGowan saw a car accident, he was quick to help – with a Chris Eubank impression. The comic rushed to the crash scene, but the man involved said he was fine and promptly asked for the impersonation, so McGowan obliged. ‘It was surreal,’ he said.
- Richard Pryor’s daughter Rain did her internship in a mental health clinic.
- Russell Brand has been waxing lyrical about his surf instructor, Mike. ‘He’s like a gorgeous windswept man god,’ he told his Radio 2 audience. He paddles behind me as I lie on the board. It’s all very Brokeback Mountain… I have all of these rather crazy emotions for Mike.’
- And while Russell explores his gay side, The Sun’s swingometer charting Dave Walliams’s sexuality has swung right around to hetero after he wined and dined Page 3 girl Keeley Hazell, just one night after being seen with what the tabloids inisist on calling ‘a mystery blonde’. Hazell said: ‘He was absolutely charming.’
- Dave Gorman now has to wear glasses for reading after an eye test last week revealed he was ‘ever so slightly’ long sighted.
- Former Hi-De-Hi actor Barry Howard got a shock when a wartime bomb fell from the bedroom ceiling while workers were removing a chimney breast at his home in Poole, Dorset.
- Lenny Henry went to see James Taylor at the Hammersmith Apollo this week, and described it as ‘very calming… like having Prozac pumped into your bottom for two hours - but in a nice way’.
SOURCES: Metro, The Times, The Paul O’Grady Show, The Independent, Radio 2, The Sun, Davegorman.com, The Scotsman, Lennyhenry.com
Posted: 27 Apr 2007