The London Comedy festival has officially launched this year's programme.
Otherwise, the emphasis is on giving London's existing comedy scene a marketing push, rather than attracting star performers.
Other highlights include:
- An attempt on May 15 to create the world's biggest cartoon strip, at 90 metres, in Trafalgar Square.
- Specs Appeal - Groucho-style glasses on sale at Superdrug and Specsavers in an attempt to raise £100,000 for Great Ormond Street Hospital
- A new act competition, taking place all day on May 18 and pitching comedians from north and south of the Thames against each other
- Comedy films being screened at The Other Cinema in the West End
- A handful of Wit Lit events, where comic novelists read from and discuss their work.
The festival starts on May 15, and the official website is here.